Updated! Ibiza Cupra 20VT (Der Spanier), K04-064, Bilstein B14, H&R antiroll bars, Braid Fullrace A, AP Racing, Airtec FMIC, LCR Rear Brakes, SylverProject Camber Plates, 3" Downpipe, Custom Pipework

• Well, this weekend was time to change the gearbox fluid (easy work here) by this.

3612630E-2B35-4B0A-90B0-C17A8DFE629F.jpeg

I already had one (the bigger one) and I had to buy another two more just in case I need it.

Next work, a little brake bleeding using my special bleed tool. :D

F2FCAD0F-A06E-4636-84BD-412679064C3B.jpeg

Last work, clutch bleeding (I’m go to explode at this point). Holy sh** do this. I have to stop because I get very angry, everytime I try, pedal to the floor or a bad pedal feeling (1/2 of the travel is dead)

I did not remember, but I did the same task a year ago, and in the end with the bleeding machine I managed to do it.

Some tips to do it manually?

• I made myself a tool for this out of a water-bottle:
    Auswahl_574.png

i drilled a hole into the bottle, shoved some break pipe into there that goes all the way down to the ground.
    then i drilled a hole into the cap and fitted an air-valve from a wheel.

got myself another cap for the brake fluid container and fitted another air-valve there, too - but without the internal valve.
    everything sealed up nicely with glue and then i connected the brake-pipe to the brake-fluid cap with a hose.

Filling the bottle with 0.25 - 0.5l of brake fluid and with a tire pressure gauge i can give pressure to the system.

Works perfectly, if you don't do to much pressure (the cap is not that tight-fitting, so there can be small leaks).

WARNUNG: Beiträge dieses Benutzers können Spuren von Ironie, Sarkasmus, Uran, purer Boshaftigkeit, Fachwissen und Erdnüssen enthalten!

Back in Black - Ibiza 6L FR
    Bilstein B14 - BRC LPG - CarHifi

• Thanks for this! My friend have the same home made tool and I have tried without results (at the moment qas good, but after some hours, when push the pedal, go to the floor again)

Today I will try to do it with a vacuum tool in the slave cylinder bleeder and at least, if not works, reverse mode bleeding (refill with fluid trough the slave cylinder bleeder, because I think there is some air bubbles in the circuit, and do it like this, it’s easier put it out through the fuild reservoir.

Tell you if that’s works.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von IbizaKlang () aus folgendem Grund: Quotation fixed

• Problem solved!

A friend helps me with a vacuum bleeder and it works perfectly, 3 minutes and the work is done.

In fact, I just bought a Motive Power Bleeder to have it in the future.

Next long-term project

I also bought an Ibiza/Polo intake manifold used unit from Ebay to do some research. My intention is to do some improvments in the plenum to get more-equal cylinder filling, because I think the angle of the throttle body respect the plenum is not the best for equal-flowing all the cylinders.

As I get the improvments, will post the pics, but basically it´s about to copy an 034/SEM intake manifold, adapted to the Ibiza/Polo dimensions/brackets.

• Yesterday I did this mod for an extra FMIc cooling.

8704A842-CDE7-467C-B14E-D538B0688CC4.jpeg
    B41B518A-DC3A-4D15-9D11-FEB96B00F90C.jpeg
    FDA0E476-791A-4654-851B-CAE90B071FEB.jpeg

Also painted in black again, but I haven’t got any pic...
    I need to do 3 big holes behind the license plate, so, when I go to the track, I only have to put off the license plate to get the extra cooling.

By the way, I need to check this improvment making some IAT logs, before that I have 51° at 1,5 bar boost pressure above 6000rpm with the Spain ambient temperatures

• Hi Manuel,

thank you for sharing your build, I really like it :thumbup:

· Full front Powerflex/Superpro bushes

Rear axle bushes are stock? You absolutely need to go for SuperPro SPF2481K, it really makes a difference :drive:
    (watch out: The bushes with 'outer' mark comes on the inner side of the mounting holes, because OE bushes from Ibiza are inverted compared to the Golf 4 plattform.)

· Ferodo DS2500 front and rear pads

Maybe try EBC Yellowstuff (µ=~0,6) at the rear next time, adds some brake force on the rear, so it becomes more stable under hard braking, even in corners.
    Ferodo DS2500 in the front is a good choice, but if you like a bit more bite and better feel for the slip limit of the front tires, try the Pagid RS29 (µ=~0,45).

· Baffled sump

Interesting. I just bought the Forge FMBSMP18T :D

· Conversion E-SUV diverter

I just got new spacer rings for the dv adaptor, would you like to test it? :keks: (Keks=Cookie)

· Conversion of the air intake airbox to a larger one (???)

Easiest way: Buy a Polo 6R WRC oder Ibiza 6J/Audi A1 2.0TDI Airbox ;)

• i Manuel,

thank you for sharing your build, I really like it

No, thank you Robert for your help when I need it. I really apreciate your opinion :thumbup:

Rear axle bushes are stock? You absolutely need to go for SuperPro SPF2481K, it really makes a difference
    (watch out: The bushes with 'outer' mark comes on the inner side of the mounting holes, because OE bushes from Ibiza are inverted compared to the Golf 4 plattform.)

If I have to be honest, I had purchased it two years ago, but I´m to lazy to get down the rear axle, because that means do a complete rear bleed again.. :whistling:

However, I´m thinking to do the job this summer, maybe in holidays.

Maybe try EBC Yellowstuff (µ=~0,6) at the rear next time, adds some brake force on the rear, so it becomes more stable under hard braking, even in corners.
    Ferodo DS2500 in the front is a good choice, but if you like a bit more bite and better feel for the slip limit of the front tires, try the Pagid RS29 (µ=~0,45).

I have tried Yellow and Bluestuff in the Cupra with bad results in my local track/mountain roads, it´s possible due to the high temperatures in Spain, especially in spring/summer time. With this pads I get fadding very quickly, but with DS2500 everyting it´s perfect, but yes, I think I need more brake force in the rear, that's why, I thought to go for a DSUNO rear pads (Pagid it´s too expensive for my wallet :D )

Interesting. I just bought the Forge FMBSMP18T

I think, it´s a mandatory mod for a regular track/mountain road car. I will purchase the Forge too.

I just got new spacer rings for the dv adaptor, would you like to test it? (Keks=Cookie)

I really apreciate it, but I need to make some money first, I have just bought a ticket plane to Munich for the last week of July and I just spent the money that was left over :pinch: :facepalm:

Easiest way: Buy a Polo 6R WRC oder Ibiza 6J/Audi A1 2.0TDI Airbox

Yes I know, but here in Spain it´s an impossible task to get a second hand one in good conditions. New-OEM ones are very expensive for the salaries of an average Spaniard, so as soon I get some money again, I will get some cookies again :D

For the moment, I will assemble-make the low-non cost mods that I have pending to do..

Stay tuned :thumbup:

• Well, the crashbar is in the car!

At night, I”ll do the holes behind the license plate and when I need an extra airflow (at trackdays or similar) I only have to put off the plate but for daily use at publics roads, license plate will be in his place.

E8437BA6-55BC-47E6-90F5-88EF4375441F.jpeg
    0162ABBF-8646-41F0-A5C1-6EEA7B6856B9.jpeg

• Please remove the plastic pipe under the left headlight and place one out of Alu, f.e. from Forge. Therefore you have to cut one holder of the bumber, but ist works fine. The plastic's often break.

Yes I know, but first I want to fix the bumper’s fastenings because altough the bumper is new, they are defective and not fit well, so as soon as possible I get fixed it, I replace the upper intercooler pipe.

Following the topic, bumper is in his place again.

FBF3B47D-6D7E-45CB-A849-553B26651B70.jpeg
    A15B0EF6-C1F6-4B23-AFB5-31A099FC83DE.jpeg
    68A7584F-6BEC-447B-A8F2-D66B00049EBB.jpeg

• Guys, I need help!

I need a full homologation of the car to pass the Spanish TUV and I have the next problems:

No cat at downpipe (solved I find one with E9 reference and technical homologation)

No valid catback, because mine’s not have any part number or reference, so, what type/brands of catback (of course legal with homologation project) do you have in your cars?

I was thinking in Milltek, but in their website I can see that their catback doesn’t have EC Aproval, but here in Spain if the catback have any partnumber I can do the proper homologation.

Any tips, please?

• I found here in Spain a legal 200cpi cat with European legal homologation (comes with a paper with the specs and the information)

Respect of the turboback/catback exhaust, yesterday I was talking with a friend in Munich and find a brand called FMS (Friedrich Motorsport) that have few types of exhaust with ABE/EG/EC aproval, so it will be the best option.

Here in Spain, the main problem is, if you change anything in your car (even if it´s a specific piece for your car) you must do a legal homologacion (or special TÜV) for that piece by paying an engineer.

• Yeah same here in Germany. The more you pay the more individual you can go.

Maybe overthink the FMS Exhaust. Friedrich has very bad weld. And often in older Exhauste, which are named with 76mm f.e. in the shop, they are smaller in the damper, the pipe in the dampers sometimes have 55mm diameter. So not the best for a Turbo Car.