Updated! Ibiza Cupra 20VT (Der Spanier), K04-064, Bilstein B14, H&R antiroll bars, Braid Fullrace A, AP Racing, Airtec FMIC, LCR Rear Brakes, SylverProject Camber Plates, 3" Downpipe, Custom Pipework

• Yeah same here in Germany. The more you pay the more individual you can go.

Maybe overthink the FMS Exhaust. Friedrich has very bad weld. And often in older Exhauste, which are named with 76mm f.e. in the shop, they are smaller in the damper, the pipe in the dampers sometimes have 55mm diameter. So not the best for a Turbo Car.

laut FMS ist bei den 63mm Anlagen in den Dämpfern eine Reduktion auf 55mm, bei den 3 Zoll sollte es aber auch durchgänging 3 Zoll haben. Zumindest habens mir das so geschrieben.

• Whatever, it´s the only exahust I can do the "Spanish TUV" due to the complete european partnumber they have.

I´ve purchased the gr.a version (63mm middle and rear exahust system).

In the worst case, after do the TUV and incluide "an exahust system" in my car data card, I can put again my catback system. I love the sound of this, and I´ve listened some videos of Ibizas 1.8T with FMs exahust and it´s seems to have a weird sound, but I need to do the things as legal as possible...

I will keep you informed about the diameters of the FMS when I have it in my hands (I think it´s a little bit expensive if the quality is bad..)

• Brummelbiene regelt ^^

Es ist immer süß, wie sie ihr Auto liebt und ich die letzten zwei Jahre gefühlt 2/3 meiner Freizeit die in dieses Fahrzeug investiert habe :thumbup:
    Was tut man nicht alles für die holde Dame :love: und sie versucht zu helfen wo sie kann, wirklich ... zumindest war ihr Vater letztens erstaunt, dass sie mir zielsicher wie eine OP-Schwester jedes geforderte Werkzeug zuverlässig reichen kann :thumbup:

• Haha now I get it ...

you are the one who wrote to my girlfriend on Instagram and asked about her exhaust system :D

Hahahaha yes because she’s the only people that I know has a “legal” turboback exahust there (German laws are similar to spanish ones, some of them)

She told me, she has Blueflame one, the problem comes with the closing of Blueflame, so talking with another friend that lives in Munich, tell me to take a look at FMS exahusts...

Sorry if I caused some discomfort to you, it was not my intention ;)

Thanks for your help guys!

• Haha no problem, in fact I was the one who responed, because she did not understand your question correctly :D
    Also there are many guys writing to her. I understand that, not too many girls love and drive a 1.8T + do not look like a trashcan :lol:

So if I understood it correctly - you want to buy that FMS stuff, get your spainsh TUV and remove it again?

• Haha no problem, in fact I was the one who responed, because she did not understand your question correctly :D
    Also there are many guys writing to her. I understand that, not too many girls love and drive a 1.8T + do not look like a trashcan :lol:

So if I understood it correctly - you want to buy that FMS stuff, get your spainsh TUV and remove it again?

Hahahahaha here in Spain is more common that case in some girls, but it’s a little percent of that.

In fact, I bought a FMS exahust, but reading your opinion of this brand I was scared, so, if this exahust turns out to be a garbage, the next step will be to turn back to my actual exahust (doesn’t have TUV legislation) welding on it, the same partnumbers plates as FMS to forget the headaches in the future.

I hope you understood what I meant, it’s a crazy idea.

Thanks for your answer in Instagram hahaha

• A friend of me with Ibiza 6L Cupra 1.8T has 3" downpipe with HJS cat and FMS exhaust, too.
    We fittet 80mm MAF, 630ccm Bosch injectors and a K03 hybrid turbo with K04-023 turbine.
    It makes 200g/s air mass @ 6200 rpm up to rev limiter @ 7200 rpm.
    So, for ~260hp the FMS exhaust seems to be ok, but for your turbo it might be to small.

FMS partnumbers plates on other exhaust system is also an often used method of TUV "legislation" here in germany :whistling:

• A friend of me with Ibiza 6L Cupra 1.8T has 3" downpipe with HJS cat and FMS exhaust, too.
    We fittet 80mm MAF, 630ccm Bosch injectors and a K03 hybrid turbo with K04-023 turbine.
    It makes 200g/s air mass @ 6200 rpm up to rev limiter @ 7200 rpm.
    So, for ~260hp the FMS exhaust seems to be ok, but for your turbo it might be to small.

FMS partnumbers plates on other exhaust system is also an often used method of TUV "legislation" here in germany :whistling:

Nice setup! I go to a K04-064 due to the high hybrid turbos EGTs, I prefer a bigger turbo with a "low boost profile" and lower EGTs than a hybrid one, I'm a bit skeptical about reliability of hybrid turbos. :/
    I´m thinking it´s too much flow injectors for this setup, with the Bosch 550cc and a high flow fuel pump is enough in my opinion.
    At the moment, i´m boosting 1.3bar @ torque rpm band, and increases at 1.5bar @ 5700 rpm to rev limit getting 230-240g/s maf readings.
    We will see if FMS is enough for my setup or I need to come back to my actual exahust with the "trick"... hahahaha

Maybe I talk to you for more goodies... :keks:

• I´m thinking it´s too much flow injectors for this setup, with the Bosch 550cc and a high flow fuel pump is enough in my opinion.

Believe me, the modern Bosch 630cc injectors work pretty well thanks to their 12 hole spray pattern. Really smooth idle and enough flow up to 400hp with 3bar fpr.

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

You're right, hybrid turbos can't hold much boost in higher rpm's due to egt's, but we need "stock look" for TUV :rolleyes:
    I'll test a K03 hybrid with K04-064 turbine and compressor wheel soon, hopefully it will push up to 220g/s through the engine without too high boost and egt's.

• Believe me, the modern Bosch 630cc injectors work pretty well thanks to their 12 hole spray pattern. Really smooth idle and enough flow up to 400hp with 3bar fpr.

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

You're right, hybrid turbos can't hold much boost in higher rpm's due to egt's, but we need "stock look" for TUV :rolleyes:
    I'll test a K03 hybrid with K04-064 turbine and compressor wheel soon, hopefully it will push up to 220g/s through the engine without too high boost and egt's.

My bosch 550cc also have 12 holes spray pattern, I have a good idle and fuel adaptations/latencies.
    Seems good that hybrid turbo, keep me updated about it.

Going back to the exhaust thread, as you said, FMS exahust are crap.. first silencer has 57mm diameter inlet conection pipe and 57mm inside diameter silencer :pinch:
    The rest of the pipes have 63mm diameter, but the back silencer also reduces to 57mm inside diameter :facepalm:

My happines is gone now... maybe I assemble it to pass the TUV and modify it in the future to a real 63mm inside diameter silencers, I think is the best option....424CD3C4-F5C9-492C-9E9F-899B2A05CAA5.jpeg26CBBCEA-94E8-4A43-86C4-A791BA7E647D.jpeg20A45C91-922C-4CB2-B7CE-7822987BAC01.jpeg

• Going back to the thread!

During this time, I made a lot of progress with the car.

I replaced two wheel hubs due a failure in warranty (about two months of use).

Also made some adjustments in the ECU tune... I had some overboost spikes (less than 0.1bar) and I had to correct it (dynoplot attached)
    Now I have a constant 1.35bar, with 0,85-0,83 lambda at torqueband and 0,78 lambda at end powerband with good stable timing. I think the power is good with that pressure to keep my rods in their place :thumbup:
    dyno.JPG

Three weeks ago I installed the PQ25 front subframe with new Superpro caster bushes and Meyle HD axials and steering joints.

subframe.jpg
    The gain in camber and caster was amazing, but not so much the wheel clearance :lol:

camber.jpgcaster.jpgclearance.jpg
    After the aligment we get the following specs:

alingment.jpg

Don´t pay attention at rear axle specs, EZShim are deformed :facepalm:

For last, with that mods I was experimenting so much wheel friction with the bumper and side wheel arch in heavy roads, so was time to experimenting:

bumper 1.jpgbumper 2.jpgbumper 3.jpg

All I needed to do was cut the inner corner of the bumper a little bit and the wheel arch and made a new one hole for the bolt and the job it´s done.